Delta Protection Advisory Committee
The Delta Protection Advisory Committee (DPAC) provides recommendations to the Delta Protection Commission on diverse interests within the Delta, including the Delta’s ecosystem, water supply, socioeconomic sustainability, recreation, agriculture, flood control, environment, water resources, utility infrastructure and other Delta issues. This fifteen-member committee is appointed by the Commission and meets regularly; members serve three-year terms and may be re-appointed. Meetings are open to the public and everyone’s input is welcome; meetings are held 5-6 times per year in Walnut Grove.
The Delta Protection Commission is advised by a Delta Protection Advisory Committee (DPAC), a 15 member volunteer body consisting of representatives of diverse interests within the Delta. Members are appointed by the Commission for an initial term of up to three years and may be re-appointed. DPAC generally meets 5-6 times a year in Walnut Grove. The Commission strives for diversity in representation on DPAC, including geographic diversity throughout the entire Delta region. Current work activities of DPAC include input on the update of the Commission’s Land Use and Resource Management Plan, update of the Commission’s Economic Sustainability Plan, Delta Trail Master Plan, and other matters.
The Commission is seeking applications from individuals to serve on DPAC representing the following categories: Delta Recreation (1 position) and Conservation/Habitat Non-governmental Organization (1 position).
Delta Protection Advisory Committee Meetings
Next meeting TBD
Land Use and Resource Management Plan Update – Public Meetings
The Delta Protection Advisory Committee held three meetings to receive comments from the public on the Commission’s update of its Land Use and Resource Management Plan (LURMP), the Commission’s plan for local government land use in the Delta primary zone.
Staff welcomes verbal and written comments on the staff draft at the meetings.
Visit the Land Use and Resource Management Plan webpage for the latest version of the document, dates and times for Subcommittee Meetings, and more information.
Advisory Committee Members
- Delta Agriculture: David Strecker, Strecker Ranch and D&A Farms and Reni Della Maggiore
- Delta Business: Gilbert Labrie, Architect and Barbara Daly, Delta Heartbeat Tours
- Delta Conservation/Habitat: Craig Watanabe, Tuscany Research Institute and VACANT
- Delta Flood Entity: Melinda Terry, California Central Valley Flood Control Association
- Delta General Public: Sam Arditi (Discovery Bay)
- Delta Organization: Mark Pruner, North Delta C.A.R.E.S.
- Delta Recreation: Kathy Bunton, Delta Kayak Adventures and Linda Gifford (Rio Vista)
- Delta Utility/Infrastructure: Sam Garcia, Pacific Gas & Electric Company
- Delta Water Exporter: Russ Ryan, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, State and Federal Contractors Water Agency
- State Agency: Jim Starr, California Department of Fish and Wildlife and Edward Hard, California Department of Parks and Recreation
We maintain DPAC meeting documents on this website for three years. For documents from prior years, email the Commission Clerk at email@example.com or call 916-375-4800 with your request. We will be happy to assist you in finding the information you require.
- DPAC Meeting Agenda (PDF) – January 14, 2019 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda (PDF) – March 6, 2019 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda (PDF) – April 24, 2019 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda (PDF) – July 8, 2019 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda – April 26, 2018 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda – June 28, 2018 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda – September 5, 2018 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda – October 24, 2018 (PDF)– Associated documents: Item 2 (PDF), Item 2b (PDF), Item 2c (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda – January 12, 2017 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda – June 7, 2017 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeing Agenda – August 10, 2017 (PDF)
- DPAC Meeting Agenda – October 26, 2017 (PDF)