Delta Leadership Program
Committed to this principle, the Delta Protection Commission, in partnership with the Delta Regional Foundation, created the Delta Leadership Program, an effort for sustained leadership development within the Delta community. With the challenges facing the Delta today, it is clearly in the Delta’s interest to cultivate the best in our existing leadership and to assist in creating a pipeline of informed and energetic leaders for the Delta’s future.
The nomination period for the 2018 Delta Leadership class closes on Thursday, December 7, 2017.
Please consider nominating individuals whom you consider a potential – or existing – leader in the Delta community and who would find this kind of top-level development and networking opportunity to be valuable. We encourage nominations from all walks of Delta life – agriculture, law enforcement, local government, non-profit organizations, local business, tourism and hospitality sectors and more.
For more information on the Delta Leadership Program, please contact email@example.com or 916-375-4800.
The Delta Leadership Program features a five-day intensive curriculum completed over the course of five months (one business day per month). Each workshop is integrated with half of the day spent on regional issues such as water and agriculture, public safety and economic development; and the other half spent on skill development such as negotiation, team building, innovation, values and organizational momentum.
The goals of the Program are as follows:
- Identify and promote regional leaders in the Delta community.
- Develop skills and awareness to increase the pool of effective Delta leaders.
- Expand leaders’ knowledge regarding the key issues, opportunities, and challenges that face the Delta region.
- Identify emerging leaders and deliver skills and tools to enhance their contributions to the Delta community.
- Build relationships of trust and cooperation between businesses, government, non-profit, civic, religious and cultural groups.
- Foster a shared sense of community throughout the Delta region.
Session 1 January 19, 2018 SACRAMENTO 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (reception following)
Session 2 February 9, 2018 STOCKTON 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Session 3 March 9, 2018 RIO VISTA 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Session 4 April 13, 2018 OAKLEY 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Session 5 May 4, 2018 CLARKSBURG 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (reception following)
Program Graduation at May 2018 Delta Protection Commission meeting (4:30 – 7:30 p.m.)