The Delta Protection Commission
- May collect and maintain personally identifiable information only through lawful means.
- The purposes for which personally identifiable data are collected are identified when collected by the Commission, and any subsequent use of the data shall be limited to and consistent with the fulfillment of those purposes previously specified.
- Personal data may not be disclosed, made available, or otherwise used for a purpose other than those specified when collected, except with the consent of the subject of the data, or as required by law or regulation.
- The Delta Protection Commission protects personal data against data loss, unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure through written policies, limiting access to work areas through managed electronic entry systems, network security using layers of defense including, but not limited to, firewall protection, encryption, limiting network access using the principle of least privileged and ensuring personal data on paper is separated from public data. Annual security training is also provided to Commission staff which encompasses the identification and protection of personally identifiable information.
The Delta Protection Commission collects personally identifiable information (PII) from individuals, and complies with the Information Practices Act relating to PII. PII is collected for, limited to, and consistent with the sole fulfillment of State business purposes indicated at the time of collection. Any PII collected is subject to the limitations of the Information Practices Act, and individuals have the right to access records containing their PII by contacting the Privacy Officer at 916-375-4800.
- The Privacy Officer can be contacted by calling 916-375-4800.
- This notice can be found at Commission headquarters located at 2101 Stone Blvd., Suite 240, West Sacramento, CA 95691.
- A copy of this notice is distributed to all employees and contractors who have access to personal data.
SITE CONTACT: Privacy Officer