Delta Leadership Program 2024
The Delta Protection Commission, in partnership with the Delta Leadership Foundation, has created the Delta Leadership Program to build and support sustained leadership development within the Delta community. With the challenges facing the Delta today, it is clearly in the Delta’s interest to cultivate the best in our existing leadership and to assist in creating a pipeline of informed and energetic leaders for the Delta’s future.
The goals of the Delta Leadership Program
- Identify and promote regional leaders in the Delta community.
- Develop skills and awareness to increase the pool of effective Delta leaders.
- Expand leaders’ knowledge regarding the key issues, opportunities and challenges that face the Delta region
- Identify emerging leaders and deliver skills and tools to enhance their contributions to the Delta community.
- Build relationships of trust and cooperation between businesses, government, non-profit, civic, religious and cultural groups.
- Foster a shared sense of community throughout the Delta region.
The Delta Leadership Program consists of a five-day intensive curriculum completed over the course of four months (one business day every three to four weeks), with an additional day-long Delta water tour.
Each workshop is integrated with half of the day spent on regional issues such as water and agriculture, public safety and economic development, and the other half spent on skill development such as negotiation, team building, innovation, values and organizational momentum. In addition, class members work as teams on selected class projects benefiting the Delta.
The seminar dates for the 2024 program
All seminar dates are Fridays; the program graduation is a Thursday evening:
- Seminar 1: Jan. 12, 2024, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in SACRAMENTO
- Seminar 2: Feb. 9, 2024, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in STOCKTON
- Seminar 3: March 1, 2024, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in RIO VISTA
- Seminar 4: March 22, 2024, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in OAKLEY
- Seminar 5: April 19, 2024, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (reception following) in CLARKSBURG
- Program Graduation: May 16, 2024, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Delta Protection Commission meeting)
Nominees must commit to 100% attendance on these dates to be considered for participation in the program.
Participation in the Delta Leadership Program is by nomination and selection. The application is available online, or you can request a PDF form that can be emailed or printed.
Please nominate (self-nominations are accepted) individuals whom you consider potential or emerging leaders in the Delta community, and who would find this kind of top-level development and networking opportunity to be valuable. We encourage nominations from all walks of Delta life – agriculture, law enforcement, local government, non-profit organizations, local business, tourism and hospitality sectors, among others.
For more information on the nomination process or the Delta Leadership Program, please contact Erik Vink at Erik.Vink@delta.ca.gov or by calling (530) 650-6327.
Friday, Nov. 17, 2023
Delta Protection Commission
2101 Stone Blvd, Suite 200
West Sacramento, CA 95691
The quality and content of the nomination is critical to the candidate’s success. Try to include specific examples and make sure you have included all of your nominee’s civic and leadership experience and service. As class size is limited, not all nominees will be accepted, so as a courtesy to all applicants, please refrain from announcing nomination submissions. 2024 Program participants will be notified by the week of December 4, 2023.
- Complete the Delta Leadership Program 2024 application form online. If you require a paper copy, contact us at Erik.Vink@delta.ca.gov. Please use as much space as you need; there is no page limit on nominations.
- As a part of the application, upload (or submit by mail or email) the nominee’s resume, if available.
- Obtain at least ONE but no more than THREE letters of recommendation to second your nomination, which can be uploaded as part of the application form, or submitted by mail or email. Each nomination must have at least one substantial letter of support in addition to
the nominator to be considered.
- Please have your nominee complete the Letter of Commitment. Nominations without a completed Letter of Commitment will not be reviewed. If you require a paper copy, contact us at Erik.Vink@delta.ca.gov.