Remote Meeting Best Practices
- Review the agenda and meeting materials in advance.
- Connect to the meeting prior to the start time.
- Keep your audio on mute at all times when not speaking.
- Although it can be very challenging in a remote meeting – don’t interrupt others. The chair/meeting host will make sure there is an opportunity for everyone to speak before moving on.
- Before your talking points, be sure to introduce yourself, this will be necessary every time as we have not yet learned each other’s voices.
- Stay seated and present.
- Make sure you have a quiet space free of distractions.
- Avoid multi-tasking.
- Speaking clearly and concisely. Slow down and enunciate your words.