The Delta Protection Commission has a long history of supporting recreation in the Delta — from coordinating Coastal Cleanup days and abandoned vessel removal, to leading development of the Great California Delta Trail and the Sacramento-San Joaquin National Heritage Area designation, to providing a variety of technical studies and support (below). Working with partners like California State Parks and the Division of Boating and Waterways, the Commission helps people enjoy the unique cultural and natural resources of the Delta.
Surveys, Inventories, and Reports
- 2019 Recreation & Tourism in the Delta: A Study of Preferences for Activities and Facilities, Information Sources, and Economic Contributions of Delta Events (PDF)
- 2017 Recreational Boating Use of the Sacramento – San Joaquin Delta (PDF)
- 2015 Recreation Inventory (PDF) (without maps)
- 2011 Recreation Proposal for the Delta (PDF)
- 2010 Great California Delta Trail Blueprint Report for Contra Costa and Solano Counties (PDF) (20 MB)