Records and Resource Compliance
Public Records Act
Public records maintained by the Delta Protection Commission will be available for inspection by members of the public pursuant to the following procedures:
- Public records maintained by the Delta Protection Commission shall be available for inspection during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Requests for inspection or copying of public records:
- Should be specific, focused and not interfere with the ordinary business operations of the Commission. Where a request is not specific and focused, Commission staff will assist the requester to identify the requested information, describe the technology or physical location of the record, and provide suggestions of how to overcome practical barriers to disclosure. The operational functions of the Commission will not be suspended to permit inspection of records during periods in which such records are reasonably required by Commission personnel in the performance of their duties. If the request requires review of numerous records, a mutually agreeable time should be established for the inspection of the records.
- Should sufficiently describe records so that identification, location and retrieval of the records can be achieved by Commission personnel.
- Are encouraged to be made in writing unless the request involves records which are maintained by the Commission for the purpose of immediate public inspection.
- The Commission may refuse to disclose any records that are exempt from disclosure under the Public Records Act. (See, e.g., Gov. Code, § 6254.)
- Physical inspection of the records shall be permitted within the Commission’s office and under the conditions determined by the Commission. Upon either the completion of the inspection or the oral request of Commission personnel, the person conducting the inspection shall relinquish physical possession of the records. Persons inspecting Commission records shall not destroy, mutilate, deface, alter, or remove any such records from the Commission. The Commission reserves the right to have Commission personnel present during the inspection of records in order to prevent the loss or destruction of records.
- Upon any request for a copy of records, other than records the Commission has determined to be exempt from disclosure under the Public Records Act, Commission personnel shall provide copies of the records to any person upon payment of a fee (20 cents per page) covering costs of duplication.
- A copy of these guidelines shall be posted in a conspicuous public place in the office of the Delta Protection Commission, and a copy thereof shall be made available free of charge to any person requesting such copy.
State Leadership Accountability Act