View All or Filter by Category:
Delta Protection Commission Meetings
Other Delta Related Agency Meetings
- This event has passed.
Delta Protection Commission Meeting
July 15, 2021
1. Call to order and Flag Salute
2. Welcome & Roll Call
3. Public Comment – an opportunity for members of the public to address the Commission regarding items not on the Agenda
4. Report on Delta Stewardship Council activities – Chair Don Nottoli
5. Commissioner comments/announcements
6. Consider approval of May 20, 2021 meeting minutes
7. Receive Executive Director report – Erik Vink
8. Receive Delta Protection Advisory Committee (DPAC) report – Mark Pruner, DPAC Chair
9. Receive update on Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta National Heritage Area (Delta NHA) and consider support of H.R. 4087 (legislation to extend Delta NHA management plan deadline) and H.R. 1230 (legislation to add Rio Vista Army Base to Delta NHA boundaries) – Dr. Blake Roberts
10. Receive update on Delta Levee Investment Strategy (DLIS) draft regulatory language and consider Commission position letter – Erik Vink
11. Receive update on Vision 2030 (Commission strategic plan) review and consider proposed revisions to Vision 2030 strategic objectives – Erik Vink
12. Receive report on Yolo Bypass Salmonid Habitat Restoration & Fish Passage Project and consider Commission position on proposed use of eminent domain to acquire interests in land for Delta habitat restoration – James Newcomb, California Department of Water Resources
13. Receive report on drought activities in the Delta – Michael George, Delta Watermaster; Jacob McQuirk, California Department of Water Resources; Melinda Terry, North Delta Water Agency
If you have any questions or need reasonable accommodations due to a disability, please contact our office at (916) 375-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments submitted to email@example.com by noon on July 15 will be shared with Commissioners prior to the meeting to the extent possible. Public comments on each agenda item will follow the order of: 1) emailed comments, 2) people with “Raised Hand” inside of Zoom, and 3) those verbally requesting to make comments after notice offered by Chair during meeting.
The agenda items listed above may be considered in a different order at the Commission meeting, subject to the discretion of the Chair. At the discretion of the Commission, all items appearing on this agenda, whether or not expressly listed for action, may be deliberated upon and may be subject to action. The Commission welcomes and encourages participation in its meetings. The Commission limits testimony to not more than three minutes per person, or more time at the discretion of the Chair.
Do you have a change request or a Delta event to add to our events calendar? Please let us know – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-375-4800.