Delta Leadership Program 2023
The Delta Protection Commission, in partnership with the Delta Regional Foundation, has created the Delta Leadership Program to build and support sustained leadership development within the Delta community. With the challenges facing the Delta today, it is clearly in the Delta’s interest to cultivate the best in our existing leadership and to assist in creating a pipeline of informed and energetic leaders for the Delta’s future.
The goals of the Delta Leadership Program are as follows:
- Identify and promote regional leaders in the Delta community.
- Develop skills and awareness to increase the pool of effective Delta leaders.
- Expand leaders’ knowledge regarding the key issues, opportunities and challenges that face the Delta region.
- Identify emerging leaders and deliver skills and tools to enhance their contributions to the Delta community.
- Build relationships of trust and cooperation between businesses, government, non-profit, civic, religious and cultural groups.
- Foster a shared sense of community throughout the Delta region.
The Delta Leadership Program consists of a five-day intensive curriculum completed over the course of four months (one business day every three to four weeks), with an additional day-long Delta water tour. Each workshop is integrated with half of the day spent on regional issues such as water and agriculture, public safety and economic development; and the other half spent on skill development such as negotiation, team building, innovation, values and organizational momentum. In addition, class members work as teams on selected class projects benefiting the Delta. The seminar dates for the 2023 program are (all dates are on Fridays):
- January 13
- February 3
- February 24
- March 17
- April 14
The program will culminate with a graduation presentation at the May 18, 2023 Delta Protection Commission public meeting. Nominees must commit to 100% attendance on these dates to be considered for participation in the program. Participants must also have Covid-19 vaccinations and the seminars will be conducted in accord with local public health guidance.
Participation in the Delta Leadership Program is by nomination and selection. Please nominate (self-nominations are accepted) individuals whom you consider potential or emerging leaders in the Delta community, and who would find this kind of top-level development and networking opportunity to be valuable. We encourage nominations from all walks of Delta life – agriculture, law enforcement, local government, non-profit organizations, local business, tourism and hospitality sectors, among others.
For more information on the nomination process or the Delta Leadership Program, please contact Erik Vink at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 530-304-5499.
Friday, December 2, 2022
Please email or mail the completed nomination packet to:
Email Address: email@example.com
Mailing Address: Delta Protection Commission, 2101 Stone Blvd, Suite 200, West Sacramento, CA 95691
Photocopies are accepted.
The quality and content of the nomination is critical to the candidate’s success. Try to include specific examples and make sure you have included all of your nominee’s civic and leadership experience and service. As class size is limited, not all nominees will be accepted, so as a courtesy to all applicants please refrain from announcing nomination submissions. 2023 Program participants will be notified by the week of December 12.
- Complete the Delta Leadership Program 2023 Nomination Packet (PDF)
- Attach the nominee’s resume if available.
- Obtain at least ONE but no more than THREE letters of recommendation to second your nomination. Each nomination must have at least one substantial letter of support in addition to the nominator to be considered.
- Please have your nominee review and sign the Acknowledgment and Commitment Acceptance form (available in the Nomination form link above). Nominations without a signed Acknowledgment will not be reviewed.