View All or Filter by Category:
Delta Protection Commission Meetings
Other Delta Related Agency Meetings
- This event has passed.
Delta Protection Commission Meeting
April 9, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Teleconference Meeting Only; No Physical Meeting Location
Additional information about participating by telephone and submitting public comments is available on our Remote Meetings page.
1. Call to Order
2. Welcome & Roll Call
3. Public Comment – an opportunity for members of the public to address the Commission regarding items not on the Agenda
4. Chair’s Report on Delta Stewardship Council activities
5. Commissioner comments/announcements
6. Approve January 16, 2020 meeting minutes (PDF)
7. Receive Executive Director report – Erik Vink
Item 7: Executive Director report
8. Receive Delta Protection Advisory Committee (DPAC) report – Mark Pruner, DPAC Chair
a. Receive report on DPAC activities
b. Consider adoption of DPAC recommendations on Delta transportation challenges
Item 8: Staff report (PDF)
Item 8: Transportation challenge recommendations (PDF)
Item 8: Submitted Public Comment
9. Receive update on Delta Conveyance Project environmental review and Delta Conveyance Design and Construction Authority (DCA) Stakeholder Engagement Committee – Carrie Buckman (California Department of Water Resources) and Kathryn Mallon (DCA)
Item 9: Staff report (PDF)
Item 9: DWR presentation slides (PDF)
Item 9: DCA presentation slides (PDF)
Item 9: Submitted Public Comment
10. Delta National Heritage Area (NHA) – Dr. Blake Roberts and Erik Vink
a. Consider Commission delegation of authority to Executive Director to accept additional National Heritage Area federal funding
b. Consider Commission support of proposed National Heritage Area federal legislation (H.R. 1049 and S. 3217)
Item 10: Staff report (PDF)
Item 10b: Support letter (PDF)
Item 10b: H. R. 1049 (PDF)
Item 10b: S. 3217 (PDF)
11. Consider Commission letter on restoring Delta Levees Maintenance Subvention Program funding in proposed FY 20-21 State Budget – Erik Vink
Item 11: Staff report (PDF)
Item 11: Levee funding letter (PDF)
If you have any questions or need reasonable accommodations due to a disability, please contact our office at (916) 375-4800 or email@example.com.
The agenda items listed above may be considered in a different order at the Commission meeting, subject to the discretion of the Chair. At the discretion of the Commission, all items appearing on this agenda, whether or not expressly listed for action, may be deliberated upon and may be subject to action. The Commission welcomes and encourages participation in its meetings. The Commission limits testimony to not more than three minutes per person, or more time at the discretion of the Chair.
Do you have a change request or a Delta event to add to our events calendar? Please let us know – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-375-4800.