RIO VISTA, Calif. (July 21, 2023) – The Delta Protection Commission re-appointed five incumbents Thursday to the Delta Protection Advisory Commission (DPAC).
The reappointed members and the institutions they represent are:
- Todd Bruce – recreation – Delta recreationist
- Mariah Looney – organization – Restore the Delta
- Gary Mello – agriculture – J&L Mello Farm Equipment, RD 563 (Tyler Island)
- Edward Hard – state agency – California Department of Parks and Recreation Division of Boating and Waterways
- Sam Garcia – utility/infrastructure – Pacific Gas & Electric Company
Committee members serve three-year terms. The Committee meets every other month, and its next meeting is on Aug. 1.
DPAC provides recommendations to the Delta Protection Commission on diverse interests within the Delta, including the Delta’s ecosystem, water supply, socioeconomic sustainability, recreation, agriculture, flood control, environment, water resources, utility infrastructure, and other Delta issues.
Further information: Information Officer Holly Heyser, 916-531-9496