View All or Filter by Category:
Delta Protection Commission Meetings
Other Delta Related Agency Meetings
- This event has passed.
Delta Protection Commission Meeting
May 20, 2021
1. Call to order and Flag Salute
2. Welcome & Roll Call
3. Public Comment – an opportunity for members of the public to address the Commission regarding items not on the Agenda
4. Report on Delta Stewardship Council activities – Chair Don Nottoli
5. Commissioner comments/announcements
6. Consider approval of March 18, 2021 meeting minutes (PDF)
7. Receive Executive Director report – Erik Vink
Item 7: Executive Director report (PDF)
8. Consider appointment of Delta Protection Advisory Committee (DPAC) members pursuant to Public Resources Code section 29753(a) and receive DPAC report – Erik Vink and Mark Pruner, DPAC Chair
Item 8: Staff report (PDF)
Item 8: DPAC Applicants (PDF)
9. Introduction and comment from Sea Grant Social Science Extension Specialist – Dr. Jessica Rudnick, Delta Stewardship Council
Item 9: Staff report (PDF)
10. Receive report on Delta Conveyance Project Community Benefits Program and consider direction to Commission staff – Juliana Birkhoff, Ag Innovations (consultant to DWR) and Erik Vink
Item 10: Staff report (PDF)
11. Receive update on Delta Stewardship Council (DSC) certification of consistency appeal process for Lookout Slough Tidal Habitat Restoration and Flood Improvement Project and consider endorsement of the May 11, 2021 letter from Executive Director Vink to DSC – Erik Vink
Item 11: Staff report (PDF)
Item 11: Lookout Slough letter (PDF) (Attachment A to this letter can be viewed on the record from the Council under the Appeals C20215-A1-A4)
If you have any questions or need reasonable accommodations due to a disability, please contact our office at (916) 375-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments submitted to email@example.com by noon on May 20 will be shared with Commissioners prior to the meeting to the extent possible. Public comments on each agenda item will follow the order of: 1) emailed comments, 2) people with “Raised Hand” inside of Zoom, and 3) those verbally requesting to make comments after notice offered by Chair during meeting.
The agenda items listed above may be considered in a different order at the Commission meeting, subject to the discretion of the Chair. At the discretion of the Commission, all items appearing on this agenda, whether or not expressly listed for action, may be deliberated upon and may be subject to action. The Commission welcomes and encourages participation in its meetings. The Commission limits testimony to not more than three minutes per person, or more time at the discretion of the Chair.
Do you have a change request or a Delta event to add to our events calendar? Please let us know – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-375-4800.