Social Media Guidelines
The Delta Protection Commission (Commission) provides this educational forum to you as a public service and appreciates your feedback. Likes, follows, and reposts are for the purpose of sharing information and resources only and should not be considered an endorsement of a business, organization, person, or stance.
Responsibility for external content and/or comments rests with the individuals or organizations providing them. Any inclusion of external content or comments is not an endorsement by the Commission; opinions and beliefs expressed are those of the users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Delta Protection Commission. Comments posted on this site are not considered formal public comment and are not guaranteed to be accurate, current, or complete, and are solely the views, opinions, and responsibility of the individual/entity submitting them.
Links or advertisements may have been placed on this site by the social media provider and not the Commission. Their placement does not constitute an endorsement of the content, viewpoint, policies, products or services.
The Commission reserves the right to review or delete, at our sole discretion and without notice, any comments or posts on any of the Commissions social media websites. Removal of posts and comments may be due to, but not limited to, the following reasons:
- Profane, obscene, threatening, or abusive language or content
- Content that promotes fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
- Pornography or links to sexual content
- Link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
- Personal or sensitive information (i.e. phone numbers, email or postal addresses)
- Solicitations to commerce or other monetary solicitation
- Off-subject or out of context content
- Inaccurate or misleading information
- Violations of any intellectual property rights
- Promotion or endorsement of political campaigns or candidates
Flagrant or repeat violators will be banned/blocked.
For a timely and authorized response, please send all media questions directly to Commission staff and refrain from submitting media questions on the Commission’s social media accounts.
Public Record Requests
For a timely and authorized response, please refrain from submitting public record requests on the Commission’s social media accounts.