View All or Filter by Category:
Delta Protection Commission Meetings
Other Delta Related Agency Meetings
- This event has passed.
Delta Protection Commission Meeting
July 20, 2023@5:00 pm-7:30 pm
The Delta Protection Commission was created by the Delta Protection Act of 1992 (Act), codified in the Public Resources Code and most recently amended in November 2009.
The Act declared that the Delta is a natural resource of statewide, national, and international significance, containing irreplaceable resources, and that it is the policy of the State to recognize, preserve, and protect those resources of the Delta for the use and enjoyment of current and future generations, in a manner that protects and enhances the unique values of the Delta as an evolving place.
The Commission is a forum for Delta residents to engage in decisions regarding actions to recognize and enhance the unique cultural, recreational, and agricultural resources of the Delta. The Commission is also guided by regulations found in the California Code of Regulations, Title XIV, Division 9.
The Commission meets six times a year, in odd months, and the July 2023 meeting will be held July 20 at 5 p.m. at The Point Restaurant in Rio Vista.
Here is a PDF of the agenda, which is also presented below.
Here are materials for several items on the agenda:
- Item 7: Delta Protection Advisory Committee appointments (PDF)
- Item 9: Executive Director’s report (PDF)
- Item 10: Delta as Place presentation by Delta Watermaster Jay Ziegler (PDF)
- Item 12: Delta signs presentation – staff report (PDF) and presentation (PDF)
1. Call to order and Flag Salute
2. Welcome & Roll Call
3. Public Comment – an opportunity for members of the public to address the Commission
regarding items not on the agenda
4. Report on Delta Stewardship Council Activities – Chair Diane Burgis
5. Commissioner Comments/Announcements
6. Consider Approval of Draft March 9, 2023 Meeting Minutes
7. Consider appointments to Delta Protection Advisory Committee pursuant to Public
Resources Code section 29753, subdivision (a) – Bruce Blodgett, Executive Director
8. Receive Commission Binders – Bruce Blodgett, Executive Director
9. Receive Executive Director Report – Bruce Blodgett, Executive Director
10. Receive Delta as Place Report – Delta Watermaster presentation by Jay Ziegler
11. Receive Delta Protection Advisory Committee (DPAC) Report – Anna Swenson (DPAC
12. Delta Signs presentation
a. Gateway monument and interpretive sign project – Steve White and HenryYasui, Sacramento County Department of Transportation
Do you have a change request or a Delta event to add to our events calendar? Please let us know – send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-375-4800.