DPC turns out for Save the Delta Town Hall
WALNUT GROVE, Calif. (Sept. 15, 2023) – Six representatives of the Delta Protection Commission were leaders or featured speakers Thursday night at the Save the Delta Town Hall, sponsored by the Asian Pacific Islander American Public Affairs (APAPA) Delta Chapter.
Commission member and Sacramento County Supervisor Pat Hume was the cohost of the evening. Speakers included:
- Delta Protection Advisory Committee (DPAC) Chair Anna Swenson
- DPC Program Manager Blake Roberts, who coordinates the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta National Heritage Area (NHA)
- DPAC and NHA Advisory Committee member Douglas Hsia, who is also president of the Delta Chapter of APAPA
- NHA Advisory Committee member Mike Campbell, who also serves on the boards of the Delta Leadership Foundation and Friends of the 1883 Clarksburg Schoolhouse
- NHA Advisory Committee member Dan Whaley, a board member of Delta Legacy Communities
Around 90 people packed the auditorium of the Jean Harvie Community Center – an early 1900s schoolhouse – in Walnut Grove to hear presentations, raise concerns and ask questions of the speakers.