Nominations Open for 2024 Delta Leadership Program (Deadline: 11/17/23)
The Delta Protection Commission, in partnership with the Delta Leadership Foundation, has created the Delta Leadership Program to build and support sustained leadership development within the Delta community. With the challenges facing the Delta today, it is clearly in the Delta’s interest to cultivate the best in our existing leadership and to assist in creating a pipeline of informed and energetic leaders for the Delta’s future.
The goals of the Delta Leadership Program are:
- Identify and promote regional leaders in the Delta community.
- Develop skills and awareness to increase the pool of effective Delta leaders.
- Expand leaders’ knowledge regarding the key issues, opportunities and challenges that face the Delta region
- Identify emerging leaders and deliver skills and tools to enhance their contributions to the Delta community.
- Build relationships of trust and cooperation between businesses, government, non-profit, civic, religious and cultural groups.
- Foster a shared sense of community throughout the Delta region.
The Delta Leadership Program consists of a five-day intensive curriculum completed over the course of four months (one business day every three to four weeks), with an additional day-long Delta water tour. Each workshop is integrated with half of the day spent on regional issues such as water and agriculture, public safety and economic development, and the other half spent on skill development such as negotiation, team building, innovation, values and organizational momentum. In addition, class members work as teams on selected class projects benefiting the Delta.
Participation in the Delta Leadership Program is by nomination and selection. Please nominate (self-nominations are accepted) individuals whom you consider potential or emerging leaders in the Delta community, and who would find this kind of top-level development and networking opportunity to be valuable. We encourage nominations from all walks of Delta life – agriculture, law enforcement, local government, non-profit organizations, local business, tourism and hospitality sectors, among others.
The application deadline is Friday, Nov. 17. More details and the application form are available here.